The white Kermode or spirit bear is one of the most endangered animals in the world, numbering fewer than four hundred and calling home an ecosystem that is as wild as it is globally important.
There are two major preventable threats to the spirit bear: an urgent need for a meaningful sanctuary in their last intact ecosystem and the long term concern of oil spills from proposed oil tanker traffic in the treacherous waters within this wilderness.
Thanks to millions of people from all walks of life, from all corners of the globe, we’ve made remarkable progress and created hope that we can save the spirit bear.
And with your continued support, we will save our spirit bear.
The Spirit Bear Youth Coalition has a fair and balanced plan to create sanctuary for the spirit bear without harming the economy. We need every concerned citizen from around the globe to help us make sure decision makers do their part to work with us to create a lasting solution that saves the Kermode and makes all citizens proud of our collective achievement.
FIVE WAYS TO SAVE THE SPIRIT BEAR:
1) Email, write and/or phone Canadian Prime Minister Harper and BC Premier Clark
2) Sign the petition to stop this hunt
3) Adopt-a-Spirit Bear
4) Donate to the Spirit Bear Youth Coalition volunteer-run campaign
5) Spread the word by forwarding this message
FIVE WAYS TO STAY UP-TO-DATE:
1) Follow us on Twitter @SpiritBearYouth
2) Join our Facebook group
3) Visit www.spiritbearyouth.org and www.adoptaspiritbear.org
4) Become a member
5) Sign-up for our new education program
FOR MORE INFORMATION: