The Spirit Bear Youth Coalition is partnering with Frendo to offer your school the opportunity to help create a sanctuary for the critically endangered spirit bear by symbolically adopting one of the only 400 remaining white Kermode bears in the world.
By symbolically Adopting-a-Spirit Bear with a $500 donation you will be helping strengthen the voice of not only one spirit bear, but all Kermode bears.
The 2012-2013 school year will be the last opportunity for groups to join this exciting program – limited to only 400 participants – and have your adoption permanently enshrined on the Youth Coalition web site for all time
- name “your” bear
- receive a downloadable spirit bear adoption kit
- be celebrated on the front page of the Spirit Bear Youth Coalition web site
- receive a limited edition photograph of the spirit bear
- receive a personal video message from Youth Coalition founder Simon Jackson
- be one of only 400 to be part of this program and be listed on our permanent adoption honour roll
- be automatically entered into our 2012-2013 competition to have acclaimed motivational speaker and Youth Coalition founder Simon Jackson visit your school or community
HOW YOUR ADOPTION CAN SAVE THE SPIRIT BEAR
All funds raised go toward the Youth Coalition’s campaign to create a sanctuary for this bear in its last intact habitat. Specifically, funds raised will aid our public outreach goal of mobilizing hundreds of thousands of new supporters and encouraging them to launch their own authentic, innovative social media campaigns to rally their peers on this issue. Moreover, you will help us meet with elected representatives in British Columbia and Canada to ensure they know a balanced alternative is on the table that will save the bear without harming the economy.
HOW FRENDO CAN HELP YOUR GROUP ADOPT-A-SPIRIT BEAR
PLEDGE YOUR ADOPTION TODAY:
* The Spirit Bear Youth Coalition is a volunteer run, registered not-for-profit organization. However, given that the Youth Coalition spends more than 10% of its time lobbying and advocating for policy change in order to protect the spirit bear’s last intact habitat, it is not eligible to become a registered charity. As a result, donations are not tax deductible, but receipts that acknowledge the donation are provided upon request. If a tax receipt is required, donations can be made through our US charitable partner, the Helade Foundation.